Wednesday, January 28, 2009

So far so good

Life as a daily exerciser is still going strong. I am now up to running 1 continuous mile on the treadmill. For all those runners out there, this is a big deal for me. I walk for one lap (1/4 mile) then I run for 1 mile and then walk to finish off the 30 min. I am still trying to decide how best to work up to an hour long workout. I don't know if I should just keep walking and work on extending the time or if I should work in running and then work on extending time. For now, I like to see the higher # of calories burned when I run.
I don't know if I have lost any weight or not. I am doing the Best Life Diet plan. During phase one you are not supposed to weigh yourself for 4 weeks. One more week and we shall see. I don't feel like my clothes fit any differently, but I do feel stronger, so I think the exercise is doing something. I actually really like this program. You start out by increasing your activity level and when that is solid you move onto phase 2 which starts the food change. I am not looking to be on a diet, I am changing my life.

2 comments:

Jen I said...

Great job! I have been doing good exercising lately too. But to get in an hour workout I've been doing some weights after the elliptical, or some pilates or abs or something. I'm frustrated that I haven't been losing weight yet with all the exercising, but I actually really think since I've been doing more weights, legs, toning, etc, my clothes are starting to fit a little better. Hopefully that means at least the same weight is firming up!

Annie said...

Did you get the health plan from a book?? I need to start exercising...I may be skinny, but I sure am not healthy at all!! I don't think I could run to the mailbox without getting a side ache!! Marc is trying to start a program for himself too....will you let me know where I can find the program you are doing?? drebing@gmail.com. Love Ya JENI!!