Saturday, March 29, 2008

Grocery Store Success

Yesterday at the grocery store I had a proud moment. I was headed down the aisle to pick up some cream of chicken soup and in the same aisle was the chips. I looked at the chips and thought they would go good with the chicken burgers I had planned for dinner. Well I picked up a bag of cheddar and sour cream potato chips, my favorite, and saw that they were light potato chips with no fat. This is good right, well then I really thought this really isn't a good choice. A can of fruit at home in the cupboard would be much better. As I put the bag of chips back on the shelf I wasn't even sad about not eating them. YIPEE!! There is hope. One good decision made will give me strength to make another one. This may be simple, but I was very happy and proud of myself. I don't want to go on a diet, I want to change the way I eat and the way my family eats. I want us to be healthy. I want to be healthy myself. Of course there is nothing wrong with having a few potato chips, but if the bag is in my home I will eat them and I don't need that. The journey continues.

2 comments:

Seth Iverson said...

Jeni I am just so proud of you. You are doing wonders for our family and you are making strides in your decisions. Keep up the battle and day by day the victory will be yours.

Annie said...

Jeni-lee-hee I am proud of you. I totally would have gone for the chips. I have no self-control when it comes to junk food. I will follow & support you in your success and maybe it will inspire me to eat better too.

love ya